Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Pink Floor Saga
















I don't want to go into all the details, but here's a condensed dialog:

"Can you paint my office floor pink?"
"Uhh, sure...are you sure?"
"Bright pink."
"Ok."
I did a few samples of pink. One was chosen and I painted the floor pink.
"I hate it. Can you put some brown into or something?"
"I can tone it down."
After aging it with some brown stain:
"I want it brighter...more fun...or something."
"Chocolate sprinkles?"
She liked that. I changed the color from light pink to a hot pink, stained over that a bit and splattered bright colors over the finish.
"I'd like it to go better with the walls...can you put some flowers on it."
"Sure."
"And bugs?"
"No problem!"
(Note: there was a cute brown and pink flowered rug that I had originally worked off of for the rest of the room)
"I LOVE IT!"
"Yay."
"I really want something representing all of the kids."
"I can have them do their hand-prints." (I proceeded to dip their digits, one at a time)
"I'm also going to take the rug out so I can see the floor better...can you paint some more bugs?"
"Of course, but I don't want it to get too busy."
3 weeks later:
"I want rats all over." (my client has pet rats...like 6 of them...they have a custom-made house, are allowed to roam the house freely and enjoy weekly spa visits.)
I don't judge-I have lizards.
I will post pictures of the rat version at a later date. I added like 20 just the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment