Thursday, February 12, 2009

Aged Steel Venthood







I thought I'd take a break from the jeans and post some of my plaster and faux work.






This here venthood is something I am pretty darn proud of...mainly, because I stuck to my guns about what I thought would look best in the space. When I did a sample board, everyone looked at me like I was crazy...well, they're probably right, but that is beside the point. I got my way by promising to redo it for free if it looked horrid. (I was confident I wouldn't have to.)

I can only take credit for the finish though...the amazing Shawn Chapman of Chapman Woodworks (http://chapmanwoodworks.com/) built the venthood and everything else in the kitchen. I highly recommend him for anything woodwork related! He is quick, precise, professional and creative.









No comments:

Post a Comment