Thursday, February 12, 2009

Limestone-like Walls in a Master Bath





















Lots-o-work on this masterbath:

1.) Strip gunky painted over wallpaper. (I loathe wallpaper. If you ever ask me to help you strip wallpaper, I will hate you forever...you've been warned)

2.) Hand-trowel and rustically pit plaster over all the walls INCLUDING the arch and ceiling (I have a love/hate relationship with ceilings...they are murder, but I can't stand for them to be left unaddressed.

3.)Prime, prime, prime...paint, paint, paint.

4.) Use various colors and stains in about 3 passes to make it look all limestoney;)

That's simplifying it.

I also hand-stained the entire travertine floor and travertine backplashes, shower, niche arch, etc. I used a wet-look sealant over the floor that turned out super cool. The tile guys had mismatched the grout...it looked wretched...I fixed it.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention, Shawn Chapman did all of the wood work in this bathroom as well. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete