Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dancing on Golden Eggshells in the Rain...Especially Created for Shanna


"My painting!! Finally!" Shanna exclaimed as I lugged the 50 inch long, 2 years overdue painting  into her  Morrocan inspired home.  She had tried to stuff it into her teeny tiny VW convertible the night before...fearful I would say I wasn't finished for another year, but it just wouldn't fit.  It may actually be 3 years overdue, but I'm trying to keep that hush hush.  I wanted this painting to be so personal yet so perfect for her home that I gave myself paralysis.  I have known all along what I wanted to paint, but I have issues with small decisions and completion.  I am overcoming these issues and fears with the invaluable help of my dear friend, Shanna.  I truly cannot thank her enough.  Her support and belief in me has gone above and beyond.  I am so very blessed to have her friendship.  This past year hasn't been easy on either of us and has surely tested us down to our souls.
I won't go into every personal meaning of this painting, but the intentionally long title should say quite a bit.  I tried to push myself again with more texture and material experimentation....so, I just have to say, those are real eggshells people!  I also used tiny metal and glass spheres and various mediums.  Several of my usual motifs are there: nature and growth, movement and freedom, awakening and light.  Shanna especially loves butterflies, so we've got those fluttering about..  And, when you turn off the lights, you'll see the fireflies.

Shanna broke into my home and took these wonderful pictures as well as many new better ones!  They turned out so great....you can see more by checking out my new website Shanna created for me: http://www.raraavisart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment